Just like every other holiday, New Year’s is a time to reflect on all for which we are grateful. Rather than tell you about the amazing people and experiences that made 2013 a great year, I’ll share the beauty products that helped me savor every saucy moment.
1. MAC Lipstick in “Heroine” -The ongoing ’90s revival and Lorde’s sudden rise to queen bee status have brought deep, vibrant shades of purple lipstick to the forefront of fashion, and MAC’s “Heroine” is the obvious best. Though it was originally launched as a limited edition color, MAC announced last week that they are adding “Heroine” to their permanent collection. I only recently discovered this lipstick fit for royals, but it’s going to play the starring role in my New Year’s Eve look tonight, and it will definitely be making appearances on the blog soon.
2. Decleor Aroma Night Neroli Essential Balm -This nighttime balm is like chapstick for your face—great for relieving winter dryness. Recommended by my esthetician at Bliss Spa.
3. Kat Von D Tattoo Liner -Precision for the perfect cat eye.
4. Benefit Instant Brow Pencil -Bushy brows have made a major comeback, and I happen to think that’s the fucking sauce. Benefit has everything you need to gets your brows into shape.
5. Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia Perfume -I wear this perfume every day and people frequently tell me I smell good. That is all.
6. Too Faced Natural Eye Eyeshadow Collection -Choosing individual eyeshadow colors that compliment each other can be difficult, so I love the fact that brands like Too Faced have done the work for me. This kit will give you the tools to make your eyes stand out without going over the top.
7. Clinique CC Cream -Full title: “Moisture Surge CC Cream Hydrating Colour Corrector Broad Spectrum SPF 30.” So basically, this lightweight CC cream does it all. It gives the coverage of foundation, hydrates like a moisturizer, and protects your skin from the sun.
8. NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil -Why all lipsticks aren’t this shape, I do not know. The NARS lip pencil is really more like a big crayon that makes it easy to stay inside the lines of your lips, and just like crayons, it comes in a variety of awesome colors with fun names. My personal favorites are “Never Say Never,” “Damned,” and “Dragon Girl.”
9. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion –Potion is the appropriate word, because this stuff is like magic. With this primer, you could paint the Sistine Chapel on your lids and it will last all day. I guarantee it/double dare you.
10. My favorite mascara was tragically discontinued earlier this year (Clinique High Definition), and I’d hoped to discover a fabulous replacement to fill this slot (and the void in my heart) before the new year. Sadly, I’ve yet to find one that truly compares. If you use a mascara that you love, leave a comment and share your knowledge—A new year means trying new things!
Have a saucy New Year’s Eve, everyone!